Saturday, April 27, 2019

What An Exceptionally, Super, Fun Day!

Today was Yarnover. I signed up for a class with Xandy Peters to learn the techniques needed to knit Fox Paws. Wow. The techniques were super cool, as was the instructor, workshop, and pattern. Essentially, all of this involves making stacked increases and decreases.

Here is the front side of my swatch. The green area shows the stacked increases. The blue area shows the stacked decrease. Ignore the visual distraction in the form of a boo-boo in the green and pink garter area prior to doing the increases. I wasn't paying enough attention with the front and back in the garter area. It's a swatch, so it's fine.


Here's the back.


This would make a lovely bottom of a mitten or a sleeve on a sweater.

After that, we cast on and started a swatch of Fox Paws to test our color choices. Since I am using worsted weight yarn, I could either make a scarf out of my swatch or I might do a different pattern of Xandy's which uses this technique. 

It's hard to capture in words how much fun I had today!

No comments:

Post a Comment