Saturday, April 13, 2019

New Realization

Frequently, I think I am sloppy with my paint strokes. I drew out and started a painting last night and tried to finish it this morning. My paint strokes for the flower and leaves were sloppy. Since I liked some things about the moth, I painted over the rest with gesso, added gridlines and redrew the scene.


I practiced making more deliberate and careful brush strokes on a small, practice space.


This afternoon, I painted the flower and leaves again, plus worked on the moth a bit more. For the flower petals, I used a size 4 brush. In the past when I have tried to use a small brush, I haven’t been able to get enough paint on/in it. Hurrah!  Getting better at mixing paint, thanks for Kat’s videos fixed that problem.

I timed it. It took 35 minutes (10 + 10 + 10 + 5). It took a lot of time since the flower was fussy and needed more than one layer. I like this second attempt much better.

#326 - Backyard Pollination - 5" x 7" - paper

No comments:

Post a Comment