Monday, April 15, 2019

I Have A Secret

This is unrelated to painting. I have a secret. There are plants growing in my basement.


Last week when we had snow, sleet, drizzle, hail and rain when I felt annoyed by the weather, I went down to look at my plants. Here are two thyme plants, one tiny oregano plant, and one sage plant, which I started awhile back from seed. In the back corner, you can see an orange butterfly weed.

I have cut way back, so I am starting less plants and enjoy it much more. Since I gave up one of my community garden plot in the fall and the other one several years ago, I have much less space to grow things, since I have a small yard and much of it is shady. I am hoping this means I will be growing less, but enjoying more, plus enjoying going to the farmer's market.

This year, I only started 9 tomato plants and will probably plant 5 of them. All of them germinated on the two snowy days last week! It made me very happy to go down and see new, little plants push up out of the soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment