Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Evolution Of A Timed Painting

This was a fun experience to document. Recently, Dorian was on the green chair and the light was good. I've mentioned before that she is difficult to photograph, since she looks down and away from the camera. I took some pictures anyway. Overall, I didn't care for this one.


My first thought was to delete it. Instead, I cropped it.


It's not too bad cropped, which makes me think that I've been deleting too many pictures without seeing if they look better when cropped.  Tonight, I decided to time my painting and to do so in 10 minute increments. The time I spent drawing was not timed. Here it is after 10 minutes.


Here it is after 20 total minutes of painting.


Here it is after 30 total minutes of painting.


I did a few, quick adjustments, but didn't time them. It was only a minute or two. This painting is the closest to the image of Dorian that I carry around in my head. I think it's because of the eyes.  

#323 - Dorian - 6" x 6" - paper

No comments:

Post a Comment