Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Two Paintings

On Saturday, I went to Kat's studio for several hours. She had invited people to come by and paint for Art 4 Shelter. This is a fabulous event and I enjoy donating art to it every year. While it was a small group which showed up, it was a very enjoyable group of people! I finished one painting.

#321 - Cabin Hummingbird #2 - 5" x 7" - paper

The next day, I decided to time myself for an 8" x 10" painting. I really need to get back to doing homework for the online class. I'm working on week 3 and week 3 actually took place 3 weeks ago. It's not surprising that I'm behind, but I would like to find my focus. The goal was to just make decisions and paint, so I tried to work at a pretty fast clip.

#322 - Timed Cat Painting - 8" x 10" - paper
I gave myself unlimited drawing time. Actual painting time was 37 minutes. This one does not thrill me, but I am posting it anyway. I passed on posting two other paintings and I've always intended this blog to show it all without filtering out much.

No comments:

Post a Comment