Tuesday, May 1, 2018

20 Minutes

The stress was completely self-induced. On Monday, I tried another 20 minutes painting as part of this week's homework. This time I followed "the rules" more closely. That means I did the drawing and painting in 20 minutes. I did not pick easy subject matter for me. My subject contained several  pesky ellipses. As a result, I spent a lot of time drawing, which cause me to feel all clenched up when it came to painting. I had trouble with values, color mixing, and all the rest. Again, the stress was completely self-induced. An apple on a plate would have been a better choice.

After 20 minutes, I was at this point.


I continued to fiddle after the 20 minutes and ended up here. The plate is till wonky, but the cup shape is a bit better.

#207 - Cup & Saucer - 6" x 6" - hardboard
I did this as a timed painting and may continue to do so, since I've been battling a bad case of overworking-itis. With Sunday's timed pepper painting, it felt like a tiny step away from that. To get the benefits I want, I think I will give myself unlimited drawing time and just time the painting part.

No comments:

Post a Comment