Monday, April 30, 2018

Homework Paintings Brought To You By One Yellow Pepper

Prior to starting another round of painting classes, I have been painting from photos only. While I still don’t get composition, I think I've gotten better at cropping photos for painting purposes. In the world of still life, composition completely eludes me, so I am experimenting and not worrying about it. It does remind me that there are people who approach the world in a visual way that I do not. I think this is partly intrinsic, but I also think that certain jobs and hobbies can help. While accounting has been a good career choice for me, it sure doesn't help one gain skills with composition.

Rather than just place the pepper in the middle of the scene, on Saturday night, I painted it as though it was trying to exit the scene.

#205 - Exit Stage Left - 6" x 6" - hardboard
After breakfast on Sunday, I painted this one. I did this painting in 20 minutes, although the 20 minutes only went towards actual painting. I did not start the timer until I was done drawing.

#206 - Too Late - 6" x 6" -  hardboard
Both titles just popped in my head. Yes, I do think I am funny or at a minimum, I amuse myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment