Saturday, April 14, 2018

A Good Start

While I can't put it into words (which is frustrating, since I generally want to put everything into words), I am feeling a different connection to my recent paintings. Most of them have gone or will go to Art 4 Shelter, and it's been hard to part with them. I haven't felt that before. Mostly, this has happened when I use a picture of something where I have a personal connection, so maybe it's just that. I don't know if anyone else can see it, but that doesn't really matter.

I started this one before the frog painting and returned to it after the gull painting. It's another one from a picture of the Heart of the Beast May Day parade. I love when the puppets in the parade both read true and have a quirkiness about them. That's why I like this puppet of the blue jay.

So far, I am having that same feeling about the start of this one.  Ha, ha, ha! It's on 8" x 10" paper and Art 4 Shelter wants 5" by 7" pieces, so this one is mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment