Friday, May 4, 2018

Personal Gallery

It suddenly occurred to me that I have finished many paintings, but have very few of them out. Until recently, I mostly painted on heavy paper in spiral notebooks, which is harder to display. For this round of painting class, I've switched to hardboard. Most of these are not long-term keepers, but I still enjoy looking at them.


Problem solved! The archway and many of the window in my home have nice thick ledges. My current paintings can lean on a ledge, until I want to replace them with a new crop. Then, I can gesso over the old ones and start over. If my feelings change about any of them and they become keepers, I can always add the hardware to hang them up later.

2 comments:

  1. I did the same with my paintings! Up near the ceiling on the top window ledges where I can gaze at them with my critical eye. Thanks for sharing your blog! -- Michele (from class)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Window ledges are great! Thanks for taking a look at my blog. See you in a couple of weeks.

      Delete