Monday, May 28, 2018

Spying On The People

These 3 watering cans were extremely interested in what goes on inside the house. What do those humans do while they are in there?

#223 - Spying On The People - 6" x 6" - hardboard
I like how the watering cans are arranged and I like their different shapes. When I try to arrange objects to paint, it always looks forced or phony to me. I'm glad I took the picture I used to paint this, since the scene caught my eye. It helped that this week's homework included doing a painting from looking outside a window. Still, sometimes I will notice something when I am out in the world that I like, but more often than not, I won't take a picture. I regret not taking a picture of the table when I was at Icehouse with friends awhile back. There was candle holder and candle and a few other things on the table. I think about this as the scene which got away. 

I started this one at 10:30 pm on Saturday, which is past my bedtime. It was a busy day. Once I got home, I realized I hadn't painted. This was the next thing I wanted to paint, so I drew it out and did a few paint strokes. I finished it yesterday. I am trying to keep up my daily painting habit. My daily drawing habit has fallen away, but I want to resurrect it. 

This week's class is the last of the session. Darn!  I really like the people in this session. 

No comments:

Post a Comment