Monday, May 14, 2018

New Lighting Is Better

I like the lighting arrangement we set up yesterday. Covering up the dark, unfinished ceiling in my painting corner with something light was a good idea.

Today, I went back to a simple mug set up with two walls and a floor.

#215 - Coffee Mug - 6" x 6" - hardboard
While I like the finished painting, I noticed two bad habits throughout. The first is that I keep forgetting to take a break partway through. The second is that the ratio of thinking to painting is off. I found myself laying down paint strokes and, if the values were off, just painting over them. In the last class, I thought more and painted less and felt better about that.

2 comments:

  1. The shine is fabulous and I like how you get the background and surface to be so richly textured like velvet that I want to touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments! The mug has many, many, many layers of paint.

      Delete