Monday, January 30, 2017

Recap 6 - Kitchen Item Drawing Challenge

When I was cleaning up after breakfast, this partial red pepper was sitting on the counter. Non-symmetrical objects or objects without known, distinct "rules" about their shape (e.g. chair) can be especially fun to draw.

Day 24 - red pepper
Next up, I decided to draw a head of garlic several different ways and play with different directions of pen strokes. I wanted to do more, but ran out of time.

Day 25 - garlic

The next day, I spent some quality time with my teapot. I did a number of quick sketches. After each one, I kept noticing key relationships that were off. At first, it took while to figure out that the teapot was wider (across its widest part) than it was tall. My final drawing does not capture all the important relationships.  Also, I don't like my line work. Still, it was a good sketching session. I felt like I was "seeing" better.

Day 26 - teapot
Before I figured out problem in the height and width department, I played around with how the spout related to the side of the teapot. I did not go farther with this drawing because the width of the top was way off compared to the width at the bottom.


Drawing the teapot was good for me. I helped an in-law with moving yesterday. Last night, I felt wiped out. This morning, I woke up feeling sluggish and blah. After sketching, I feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment