Friday, January 27, 2017

Recap 5 - Kitchen Item Drawing Challenge

Although it was fun to try and capture the cats when they are moving, I started out by selecting an inanimate object.

Day 19 - oven thermometer
Silly me. I went back to drawing a cat for my quick kitchen sketch of the day. I made a new cat pillow and put it on the bench in the kitchen. One of the orange cats plopped down on it and went to sleep or at least he was sleeping him until I started sketching him. After 3 major shifts in position, he went back to sleep and I got this. Of the drawings in this post, I like this one the best.

Day 20 - happy hedonist on pillow
It was time to revisit the corkscrew. I'm a bit too frugal with using paper. The corkscrew ran into a prior drawing in the lower right side.

Day 21 - corkscrew
I'm looking to get rid of my panini machine, so I thought I would draw it. It's not my best.

Day 22 - panini machine
I did not do any measuring on this next one.  This is my second attempt.  

Day 23 - scissors
On Facebook this morning, the following drawing popped up as a memory from one year ago. One year ago, I was learning to draw mostly simple, made up items. Today, it feels good to be trying to draw or sketch actual items and to slowly learn how to see better, represent shapes, show dimension, and so on. Working on learning to draw and paint in the last year has added such richness to my life. This is something that I want to keep working on, so that I can continue to grow. I am also glad to have this blog so that I can go back and see where it all began (and to hopefully continue to see improvement!).

Drawing from 01/27/16


No comments:

Post a Comment