Friday, January 20, 2017

Another One For Art 4 Shelter

After I had so much fun at Art 4 Shelter last year, I was going to try and paint one picture per month for this year's event. I thought it would be fun to, hopefully, see progress over the 12 paintings. My follow through has been sporadic. This is my 6th painting for the event. So far, most of them have been flowers, so it was time to paint a cat. Truthfully, it's always a good time to paint a cat. As with all Art 4 Shelter items, this is 5" x 7" on paper.


It took me awhile to get to this point, so the paint strokes don't look as confident as I'd like. However, I'm not complaining.  I really, really, really like this one, especially the eyes and especially when viewed from across the room.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, it's always a good time to paint a cat! :) I finally made it to Diamonds yesterday - your cats are fantastic! I love the colors you pull out of your pallette. It's so interesting how even though many of us use the exact same starting pallette, our finished paintings end up having such different color styles, if you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do understand. Mixing colors is one of the joys and frustrations! I just subscribed to your blog. I like your recent animal paintings and the glass.

      Delete