Sunday, January 22, 2017

Recap 4 - Kitchen Item Drawing Challenge

You might be seeing a lot of the tea kettle. I like tea. I like my tea kettle. I like drawing my tea kettle. There's something about the swoopy curves on both the handle and lid that is really appealing. In this drawing, I like the lines that imply the convex portion of the lid.

Day 16 - tea kettle
Yesterday, I missed a day of drawing. To make up for it, I tried a bunch of sketching this morning. I'm calling this one my day 17 drawing. The cat was moving around in the window, so I drew the window, first. The proportions of the cat are off, but this was the best that I could do, since the cat kept moving.

Day 17 - cat in window (on day 18)
For my next drawing, one of the cats was laying down in an appealing way.  She appeared to be sleeping, but very early in the drawing she sat up. I worked on the rest of her body, which had not moved. This was as far as I could go with that, so I worked on filling in some shape and shading with in her body.  


I switched to a different cat, who was sitting up in that statuesque way that cats do so well. She, of course, moved. After that, I focused on some part of some cat, since all four of them were in the kitchen with me and it was clear that there all going to keep moving. Here are some of those attempts. It was both fun and frustrating. I wish I could have either finished the drawing of either the cat laying down or the cat sitting up. Both of those had a good start.


I finished up with my official day 18 drawing. My brain was a bit tired at this point, but I'm owning it and posting it anyway. 
Day 18 - flour sifter


No comments:

Post a Comment