Wednesday, January 4, 2017

30 Days (Or So) Kitchen Item Drawing Challenge

While I really enjoy trying to draw objects, I am also very good at finding reasons to put it off. One of the excuses in frequent rotation is that I don't have time. This morning I took 5 minutes to draw my stand mixer.  Yup, the proportions are way off and the drawing goes right to the very edge of the paper, but it was better to work on drawing and figuring out what details to include or exclude in a compressed period of time, rather than not to draw at all.


There really is quite a lot to a stand mixer. When I compare this to what I was trying a year ago when I started, I am pleased with my progress.

I've decided to try another 30 day (or so) drawing challenge. Most drawings will be quick like this one. I don't want to take the time to post and write about every drawing. Instead, I am planning to do one very long post at the end of the 30 (or so) days. Instead of mulling over what to draw each day, I am going to confine myself to kitchen-related objects. If any of my cats are in the kitchen, they qualify as a kitchen-related object.

No comments:

Post a Comment