Monday, October 31, 2016

Globe Amaranth In Vase

It's hard to believe that there are still some flowers in my garden outdoors. The globe amaranth has been blooming all summer and was still blooming yesterday. I picked one and put it in a vase.


I really, really wanted to minimize my paint strokes and was not successful with that. However, there are a number of things that I like, including the different greens for the vase and flower, the shadow of the flower stem on the vase, and the muted background versus the bright vase and flower. While the shape of the vase is not spot on, it does show where the vase had water. Also, the composition has a diagonal and an element that goes off the edge.

If this flower or the outdoor ones survive a few more days, I may revisit this.

No comments:

Post a Comment