Sunday, October 9, 2016

Fall 2016 Painting Class

The first class was yesterday. The group includes two of my best buddies.  The first exercise was to paint a color wheel.  This is probably the truest red that I have ever made, since my starting color is more magenta than red.



It's good to know how to mix a truer red. I had been thinking about buying a different red to play with and now I don't need it. My guess is if I expand with even one additional color, I will want to go crazy and buy lots and lots of additional ones. There is so much to learn and I think it is better to focus and learn with the five colors I have.

The next exercise was to paint a piece of fruit.  I picked a tomato.


I have been painting from pictures so much, it was weird using a viewfinder. It is a wonderful tool, but it drives me a little crazy trying to hold it at the same angle in the same place, in order to draw accurately.


No comments:

Post a Comment