Sunday, October 30, 2016

Painting Class #4

Class goes for six weeks. The first four have seemed to fly by and I am going to miss the next one. Yesterday, we did a painting exercise where you do an entire small painting in ten minutes. That includes drawing it, painting the object, and painting the background.


The first time is intense. The time flies by and there just isn't enough of it! After that, I felt a little more in control. It's a good exercise in making choices quickly and doing rather than thinking. For my last attempt, I should have stopped at about nine minutes. I tried to fix something and made it worse. It's a good lesson in knowing when to stop.

We talked about composition in class yesterday. There were some good examples about how to draw your eye around a painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment