Sunday, October 30, 2016

Last Weekend's Painting Creation

Here is the table that I painted last weekend, plus a cat. The original table was a dull wood-brown color. I found it in the alley. I like the bright cheery color.


This table was taken apart, primed and painted with a satin latex. When the coverage was not very good, I switched to an enamel latex. The paint is not adhering very well. I'm going to try a polyurethane top coat and hope for the best.

I am also working on my drawing. After I drew the mug, I took a picture of it and looked at it in black and white to see how close my values were. It was pretty close. The nearest rim should be lighter. My eraser started smudging rather than erasing, so I left it.



1 comment:

  1. That table could live in my home! Love it. I have a fondness for those spindly legs. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete