Thursday, October 6, 2016

The Biggest Change Since 01/01/16

I have been doing at least one contour drawing each day since 09/16/16.  It's been good practice.  For the next 30 days, I'm thinking about trying to do a simple sketch each day.  The goal would be to capture the barest bit of form or essence of an object.  This might be a quick sketch or just a couple of quick simple lines. I tend towards the fussy details of things, so this would be a good way to stretch myself.  

What I like about all of this and the biggest change since the beginning of the year is that I am not afraid to pick up a pen, pencil, or paint brush and trying. That feels really, really good.


Fall painting classes with Kat Corrigan start on Saturday and I am really excited! When I first took her class this spring, all of the information was so new. I learned a lot, but just could not take it all in!


No comments:

Post a Comment