Monday, October 24, 2016

Tried It. Didn't Like It.

Yesterday was a busy, busy, busy day. I did a lot of non-art related painting. This time, it was the replacement storm door for the back. It needed to be primed and painted, plus it has a separate glass insert and screen insert. Both sides have to be painted and it needed two coats. If that's not enough, I also started painting a round wood table that I picked up in the alley. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I'm up to priming the thing and putting on two layers of paint. It's going to need at least one more, plus a sealer of some type.

I also squeezed in a leaf painting. I picked up a bunch of leaves when I worked on putting my community garden plot to bed.


The picture was taken at night without any natural light. The colors are richer in person. I decided to try painting in black lines using the gesso to "add back" the veins of the leaves.  Tried it. Really don't like it. It looks unnatural. I used a small brush. It might have worked better with a larger brush, since my cat whiskers are getting better.

I have enjoyed noticing leaves and trying to paint them. I think I'm ready to take a break from them. I did try taking several pictures, so I can try again later in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment