Sunday, October 23, 2016

Colors That Whisper

Yesterday was the third painting class. We painted mugs and most of us had time to do two paintings. There was a lot of good discussion about drawing, angles, and shape, which I will think about and revisit this week.

Here is my first mug. I was drawn to it, since it was a nice dark blue color and I don't play with the blue paint as "blue" very often. It had a wide rim.


I was drawn to the second mug and actually borrowed it for the week. There are two things that I liked about it. It's shape (which I did not capture very well in my painting) and it's color. It's odd to be drawn to essentially an off-white mug. The colors in it whisper. They don't shout and mostly I am drawn to colors that shout.


Getting to these colors was a circuitous path with lots of layers, but I am pleased with them and I'm excited about being able to revisit this mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment