Saturday, January 20, 2018

Watercolor!

I am really enjoying Liz Steel's online course, Watercolour.  At the same time, I am trying to keep up with drawing and acrylic painting, which left very little blog time last week. 

Here is one of the first exercises from the course which involved doing a big swatch of your colors in a watery mix, a juicy mix, and a pasty mix. 


We were encouraged to stick with the colors we have, otherwise I would be making some changes!  I did two swatches of Quin Magenta. That's not true of the yellow swatches in the top right corner. Those are two different paint colors, but they are not very distinct from one another. Also, I have a black color and a very dark green, so I probably only need one really dark color.

In a different exercise, we tested the opacity of each color. It turns out the whitish color is the most opaque. I love the different things you can learn about color!

No comments:

Post a Comment