Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Groupings

My drawing practice has taken a back seat to acrylic and watercolor painting. I am still drawing, but most days I do one drawing in the evening before bedtime. As much as I love cats,  using one cat or part of a cat day after day is not helping me, so I decided to do another 30 day or so drawing challenge. The theme is "groupings". I want to push myself to start drawing more than one object so that I have to work harder on the negative space and relationships between things. I'm not going to get all fancy with this. Mostly, I'm just going to draw something which catches my eye in the house. I'm also not going to post all of my drawings. The first night, I drew toothbrushes and the toothbrush holder.

Here is the one from Sunday. It's a partial drawing of a figurine. I have two of these from my Grandmother. This was a one-shot drawing without any warm up.


The spacing of the buckets isn't quite right, but that's why I want to practice with more complicated subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment