Thursday, January 25, 2018

Watercolor Revisit

The last two Wednesdays new videos have dropped for the on-line watercolor course, but not yesterday.  Instead on Friday, there will be review material and the next set of new videos will drop next Wednesday. With a break from new material, I went back to watch one of the intro lessons and something clicked. It was a tiny insight into water, pigment, and using your brush. I decided to go back and do a spread of watery, juicy, and pasty mixes of all of my watercolors, not just the ones I'm using for the course. Here's what I started on last night.


I thought that I was getting it prior to this, but I wasn't. Last night when I was doing this, it felt like I was working with the water, pigment, and brush rather than fighting with them. It was a tiny step forward with this medium and it felt amazing! 

As time permits, I plan to go back and re-watch and re-read all of the material in this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment