Monday, January 22, 2018

Sled Dog Howl

Way back in 2005, I went on a winter camping trip up north with friends where we also did dog-sledding. These dogs sure weren't house pets. They were working dogs and they were amazing. They also howled a lot. One would start and the rest would chime in. I wish I would have taken more pictures, since it was a really fun experience. I have two howling pictures. One was perfect to use for a painting.

Here is the start. For a  picture with such sharp contrast, I find it helpful to start with the lightest lights. When I get better at this value stuff I might change that in the future, but for now this is working well for me.


Here it is a little farther along.


Here is the final version.

#177 - Sled Dog Howl - 5" x 7" - paper - standard palette

No comments:

Post a Comment