Tuesday, January 23, 2018

This And That

While I do draw everyday, sometimes it's only one drawing. It's hard to find time to paint, keep up with my on-line watercolor class, and draw.

More and more, I am trying to tackle drawing more complicated things. Here is last night's sketch of the puma figurine I have. In the past, I've only draw parts of the puma like the face and chest or the back legs and back part of the body. For this sketch, I started at one end and worked my way around. Compare to the figurine, my puma needs to go on a diet and have a short session on a stretching rack. Still, I feel like I'm getting more meaning in my lines, including the angles and getting parts in the right place relative to each other. In addition, I did this sketch with no warm up.


Speaking of the online watercolor class, it is terrific. As a beginner, it's a bit overwhelming, but it's also a helpful foundation. Here is my homework painting from the picture which was provided. My colors, particularly in the background, are so dark (and pasty) you lose the transparency of the watercolor, but you have to start somewhere. Even though I have so much to learn, I like the idea that I could try and tackle a simple landscape in life.  I like how drawing or painting something you experienced or care about can store the experience in a tiny place in your heart, which you can unlock every time you look at your creation.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you say at the end about drawing and painting storing the experience in your heart!
    Great stuff Robin!!!

    ReplyDelete