Monday, July 31, 2017

That Was Harder Than I Thought It Would Be

I spent the weekend at my friend's cabin, so there was a little more time than usual to play with drawing and painting. On Sunday, I got rather flummoxed by the bird house. While I am getting better with angles, I still have a long ways to go. Whatever I did looked wrong. Plus, my sketches made it look like part of the roof was visible, but in reality it was not. Rather than doing a complete sketch, my goal was just to figure out that corner and to complete a simple outline of the thing.

It took holding up my pen and thinking about a clock face to finally "see" the angles. My eyes alone weren't up to the task. My main problem was the tricky little line on the left hand side. This line, in equating it to the hour-hand on a clock, was about 12:30 or almost straight up and down. With all the other angles and visual information near this line, my brain would not accept or see this fact.

I'm pleased that I stuck with it, but when I was done with this one I also was done with the bird house for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment