Thursday, July 13, 2017

It Is Hard To Draw At A Juggling Convention

I was away at a juggling convention.  It is really challenging to sit and and focus on drawing at a juggling festival. It's a playground, where nothing really matters except for juggling. Okay, maybe it's okay to occasionally take a break to play pinball or ping pong, but mostly it's about juggling or going to juggling shows. At the festival, it's loud. It's distracting. I know a lot of people. It's really hard to focus. Still, I did get my 30 minutes in each day.

At some point, I had to basically remind myself to use unit of measure, since I was getting some wonky shapes.


Usually, I do not sketch children, but I made an exception. There were two pinball games that were at the festival and were free to play. I played quite a bit the first two days. On the third day when I wanted to sketch people who were not juggling, I decided to camp out near the pinball. At the time, only kids were playing, so I sketched them. After I was warmed up, I started one of a child kneeling on a chair. It is a bit of a mess since it runs into another sketch.







1 comment:

  1. You totally got the gesture of a child kneeling in a chair! The tilt of the head, the total upright position of the body are great!

    ReplyDelete