Sunday, July 23, 2017

Flamingos At Como

I wish flamingos would not move around constantly! I really want to figure out  the beak shape and head shape, better. They are fascinating birds and the shape of their neck changes so much based upon whether it's straight or curved. Also, their wing span is pretty remarkable for the brief moment when they unfurl their wings.

Today, I went to Como Zoo to sketch and I worked mostly on the flamingos, although I did also venture off, briefly, to look at the big cats. Here is one page from the sketchbook. It's not the greatest paper, so for some reason it does not lie flat.


Tonight, I took time to do a self-evaluation of how my daily drawing practice has been coming along since June 1st and I established new goals for the next 6 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Your observational skills are getting so keen! You are really seeing the shapes- those beaks are crazy, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete