Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Cabin Garage Service Door

Finally, finally, finally, finally, I carved out an entire hour to paint tonight! Since my painting club is meeting tomorrow, I wanted one more piece on the theme of window/door/portal. Several weeks ago, I remembered a picture from one of the trips to my friend's cabin and I painted that. By the way, my friend's family just had a 100th birthday celebration for the cabin. The land and all has been in their family that long.

Even though I have not been painting for some reason, I was able to just sit, paint, and not fret about the outcome. It felt so good to mix colors and paint! I really need to practice painting in the 15 to 20 minutes and that I can carve out here and there, because the opportunities to paint for an hour just aren't happening. It's been hard to let painting slide to the side in lieu of drawing, but drawing is such a fundamental skill for this art-making stuff that I think it's the right decision to stick with that and squeeze the painting in when I can.


I also did my 30 minutes of sketching practice.  As frequently is the case, the cats were my models. I had fun playing with this sketch. It was a bit looser than usual. The cats moved a lot, so most of my other sketches consisted of two ears and the back of a head.


For the sketch, I used a calligraphy pen. I am learning how to use it and am starting to like the different line weights that you can get with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment