Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Saved By The Ducks

Let's just say that it was not a good day at work. On my way home from a client, I was near the Como Zoo. I decided that a quick sketching session would make the day better. It was a very warm day. The temperature hit 90 degrees. The plus side of this, zoo-wise, was that I found a great parking spot and the ducks were mostly sluggish and sleeping. The ducks saved me from a very crabby mood.

I warmed up with some gesture sketches. This was the best one.


After warming up, I worked on sleeping ducks. I still don't have the head shape figured out, but I made progress. Here is the best page of my quick sketches. The middle duck on the right changed his head position and I just went with it. Take that, perfectionism tendencies.


I really like sleepy and sleeping animals and birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment