Monday, July 3, 2017

More Cat Sketches

I sketched first thing yesterday morning. Here is a partial page. The top left is a gesture sketch. The top right is more of a contour sketch. The one I like best is the contour sketch of the 2 gray cats sitting next to each other. I'm happy with all of these. Getting an accurate depth versus width is hard. I picked the straight on view of the cats on purpose to practice. For sketch of the two cats, looking at the negative space helped me get them positioned correctly. After I drew in the outline of the bodies, I was able to get their heads in the right place by looking at where their ears were relative to the outline that I had already drawn. The cats moved before I could work on adding any facial features besides noses, but maybe that was for the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment