Saturday, July 1, 2017

Last Page Of A Sketchbook

For Roz Stendahl's drawing class that I took in May, I used a large, 100 page, hard cover sketchbook that was laying around.. This is the sketchbook I used in June, as I continued my daily drawing practice on my own. It was a lot of paper, since I drew on both sides of every page even though the paper was a bit thin for that. In honesty, I did not really care for the paper. I get that using better materials is important, especially for beginners, and paper is not that precious so it is okay to use the good stuff. Still, I decided to mostly work in this sketchbook until I had filled. Well, I filled it.  This is the last sketch on the last page and I drew it last night. It was the last sketch of the evening.


It feels like I'm leaving this sketchbook on a high note. In the last two months I've gotten better and more confident about contour line drawing, especially after I've warmed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment