Tuesday, January 7, 2020

What Was Old Is Now New

I recently had a birthday, but I am not talking about me. Do not dispose of your old leather shoes if you like them. I repeat. Do not dispose of your old leather shoes if you like them.

Behold, my beloved, old, worn, purple pair of Keen shoes.


What was old is now new.


These new-looking, fun, shoes, which now look vaguely like a goofy pair of bowling shoes, are thanks to Angelus leather paint and Wet Paint, where I purchased my supplies. I used their leather preparer and deglazer and paint (which is an acrylic paint - - woo hoo! - - two thin layers). Before I wear them, I will do 1-2 thin layers of acrylic finisher. After that, I can use regular waterproofing stuff. I've heard good things about the durability of this paint, but I thought I'd use an old pair of shoes for my first experiment.

If any local friends want to play with this stuff, let me know and we can make a date!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!! So cool! I didn't know such a thing existed but of course Wet Paint would have it!

    ReplyDelete