Wednesday, January 15, 2020

How Often To Post Or Not Post?

As often happens after I paint something I really like, I either manage to not find time to paint for several days afterwards and/or I don't care for what I paint next. Both of these can start a bad habit, which also includes not posting what I have been doing which is probably the worst of all. It starts this feeling that something has to be "good" or "worthy" in order to post it and nothing meets the ever increasing higher bar of  good enough or worthy enough when I get out of the habit of posting.

Bah, to that. The intention of this blog is to capture the journey. While I am not going to post every painting, I am going to think hard when I start to have 2-3 paintings and I start to feel unsure about posting any of them. 

Here's yesterday's pear. I liked it about 3/4's the way through, overworked it, really did not like it, worked it a bit more, and brought it back a bit.

#366 - Leaning Pear - 6" x 6" - hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment