Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Drawing Direction

I haven't had specific goals or direction with either drawing or painting. Given that, low energy from the never ending cold, and a full schedule, my commitment has been sporadic. Yesterday, I think I discovered a direction for my drawing. While I've been practicing cross hatching, I don't have the skill or stamina to approach a full drawing.

Yesterday, I worked from home and at lunch time I arranged several peppers and tried to roughly draw their shape and relative position to each other. Back when I took Carl's class at Wet Paint, he showed us rough drawing and feeling out the shapes. I kind of get it, but kind of don't, so I'm practicing that as well. This represents a good combination of things I want to work on, including shapes, relative size, and position.


After that I took one part of one pepper and worked on a separate drawing of that piece with cross hatching.


I think I found my drawing goal for the next 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment