Thursday, January 16, 2020

That Was Silly (In A Good Way)

If I only have time for one activity, I’ve been drawing. I didn’t draw yesterday, until right before bedtime and I was on the lookout for scissors, since they have an interesting shape when they are in a container. The first pair which caught my eye were in a ceramic mouse which sits on top of the kitchen sink.

First, I did a rough, quick drawing, trying to feel out the shapes. I even started with some light, geometric shapes to try and get the relative size of things.


Next up, I decided to take focus on the neck and face and so a little quick shading.


Looking at this, now that I’m done, I can see that it would be better to angle the lines of the shading better carve out and represent the planes of the face. When I was in the moment, I wasn’t thinking about that.  

Overall, it felt silly in a good, light hearted way to give this a try and gratifying to feel like I have some building blocks to try and tackle more. The best thing I can do is just keep up and continue to make drawing and painting a priority in my daily life. It’s better to do 15 minutes every day than to do 2 hours once per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment