Monday, February 8, 2021

How Many Cats In A Hat?

So I decided to do a little rework of my portrait of Chandler in Neocolor color II crayons and I like this slightly revised version better. By the way the pattern on Ravelry is this one, although when I took the picture this drawing was based upon the hat was only about 1/2 done.  


I had so much fun doing this that I would really like to do more portraits of cats in hats and I was thinking about donating them to Art 4 Shelter. However there's a problem with this plan.  Both orange cats have more or less decided that they do not like having their picture taken while wearing a hat.  The best follow up picture that I've gotten of Chandler is this one.


Hammet is even less cooperative.  Although I can't really blame either of them.  


Here's my possible solution. In 2015, an author by the name of Sara Thomas came out with a book called "Cats In Hats" with 30 separate knit and crochet patterns. I just went on Ravelry and looked for projects linked to the patterns in this book and am reaching out to the people who made projects and who took the best project pictures featuring a cat, which I think I could use for a drawing.  

I'm partially writing this blog post, so I can include a link to it when I reach out to these people and ask permission to use their photo.  

Wish me luck!   

1 comment:

  1. this is so sweet!!!! I love the cats in hats and even more so Hammet! Chandler's eyes are amazing

    ReplyDelete