Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Should Not Have Been A Surprise

I think my partially knit, brioche hat either makes him look like a king, a bishop, or a pharaoh and it works much better cropped. 


Than, not cropped. 


Although I thought the proportions in the picture were off when it came to the front legs and paws and how the back of the body cut off, I decided to try and draw it as is.  That was not the best decision.  


It was an especially silly mistake to make since I freaked out earlier this week when I wanted a straight on picture of myself to compare with a self portrait that I drew.  I tried taking a selfie and was appalled at how my face looked.  The first thing I notice was that the ears on the side of my head looked really small and the rest of my face just looked weird.  I had Daniel take a picture and my face looked normal.  After that I did a little research and found this.  

I must be the last person in the world to take a selfie and to become aware of this phenomenon.  It's not just selfies, of course.  Chandler was on my lap, so this was a really close up picture as well. 

Last, but not least, I am having a blast with the Caran D'Ache Neocolor II crayons. 

2 comments:

  1. Robin, I don't know if you see these comments or not, but I have to say again that I LOVE how you share your journey! This is so valuable!!! And I also really enjoyed the article you linked about selfies!!!!
    SO helpful and well written and informative! If I lived in St Louis I'd go get my portrait taken!!!
    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do read them and it's always good to hear from you! I hope you and your family are staying well and that you are all doing okay!

      Delete