Sunday, January 24, 2021

Textures

It snowed last night.  I headed out with my good camera around 7:30 am and drove around taking pictures.  All and all, it was a good experience, except when I was at the park 2 1/2 blocks from my house taking several pictures of the plows clearing off the ice skating rink.  Even though I was only there for about 5 minutes, someone from the parks, not the park police, drove by, got out of her truck and demanded to know who I was and what I was doing.  Sheesh!

Here's my favorite shot of that, by the way.


I look pictures out in front of the house, in the alley, along the path at Nokomis Avenue where it crosses over the creek, and at Minnehaha Park.  There were a lot of ducks in the creek at Nokomis Avenue.  I took about 150 photos.  Yeah, digital!  I'm both trying to think about composition at times and also just shooting what captures my eye in the moment and figuring out later if it's a decent composition.

Today, the most magical thing was the falls in Minnehaha Park.  I haven't been down there this winter and it literally took my breath away when I first looked.  While I did take pictures of the falls and surrounding area, the photos I liked best were the ones where I zoomed in and took pictures of some of the textures.

I didn't crop any of these. 









I could just lose myself in these textures.  Why would anyone want to live where you don't get a real winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment