Tuesday, October 30, 2018

An Apple A Day

Yesterday, I purchased an apple from the co-op. It’s a nicely shaped, green apple with a long stem and a tiny leaf still attached. It’s a ridiculously cute apple, making this the first time I’ve ever used the adjective “cute” to describe an apple. It’s been my test subject for painting today and yesterday. I’ve been doing a quick outline (without grid lines) and just going for it.

This is yesterday’s painting.

#279 - Cutie Pie Apple - Take 1 - 5" x 5" - paper

Here is this evening’s painting. 

#280 - Cutie Pie Apple - Take 1 - 5" x 5" - paper
Both paintings were good practice and came together fairly quickly. It helps that they are small and are simple objects. Since life is incredibly busy, I'm glad I've figured out a way to squeeze in some painting time each day. While I would also like to be working on my drawing, I haven't been able to squeeze that in. Although this weekend, I did do a quick outline of part of my medicine cabinet in the bathroom. I'm trying to focus on being more accurate withe relative size of each object. 



2 comments:

  1. What is the paint? Are you using one color and doing value only? The apple is lovely and round

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors are Titanium White and Carbon Black. We've been mixing puddles of color and using Matte Medium. It makes everything more translucent, so you build up the colors. It's fun, but a very different way of painting for me!

      Delete