Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Other Paintings And Drawings

During the period I was not posting, I did keep drawing and painting, although I did lose my daily habit. Here is a quick and brief summary of some of the stuff I did. There are a few paintings, which I am not posting. that is partly because I don't care for them and partly because I want to get caught up, so I can post about what is happening now.

My niece has a beautiful cat. I downloaded this picture from Facebook. Here is my first try.

#265 Munchkin Take 1 - 8" x 8" - paper
Here is the second try.

#265 Munchkin Take 2 - 8" x 8" - paper

Also, fall arrived, which means leaves. I am either in an awkward or rusty phase with painting, but I know if will pass eventually.

#268 - Leaf - 8" x 8" - paper

#268 - Another Leaf - 8" x 8" - paper
I also did some drawing. Partly dried leaves curl up in ways which are interesting to try and draw.


One morning, I sat with a green pepper. While I didn’t finish this sketch, I do like it, even though the proportion of the stem is comically off! I drew it the morning after I read someone’s blog post about the importance of making your darks really distinct.


No comments:

Post a Comment