Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Today's Realization

A new set of lessons dropped for my class today. For the next several days, we are doing contour drawing and some blind contour drawing. One thing that was discussed in today's lessons materials was negative space. My big realization for today was that thinking about negative space isn't just reserved for the object and the background of the object. You can also look for negative space shapes within an object. Until today's lesson, this never occurred to me.

Focusing on negative space helped me do a better job.  It helped with the size and placement of the various leaves. This is a drawing of a young tomato plant that I started from seed and which is currently growing in the basement.


This is a really excellent class. I highly recommend either checking out the instructor's blog or taking a class from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment