Monday, May 29, 2017

Drawing Class Is Finishing Up

The month long drawing class is finishing up this week. I will really miss it. I both need to figure out how to fly solo with continuing to learn from the many, many techniques, thoughts, and ideas contained in the class and how to balance this with acrylic painting. My painting mostly got pushed to the side in the last month and I want to both keep up with a daily drawing practice, find time to paint, and do all of those other pesky things involved in life like going to work, doing laundry and the like.

Yesterday, I went to a cookout and my friend had set up her knife-throwing target. While it sounds dangerous, it's not. If you follow a few common sense safety tips and you're fine. I tried several gesture drawings.


The one on the right is before you throw. Most people lean forward. When you do throw the knife, it works best to shift your weight back and roll your weight forward as you release the knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment