Wednesday, November 30, 2016

New Experience

Yesterday's painting of Hammett was a good one and made me happy!  There really is no better feeling than being happy with something that you've created. Usually when this happens, the next several paintings just don't quite work out. I am not sure why, but it's also true with juggling, another hobby of mine. If a passing pattern with other jugglers goes really well, the next 2-3 times it seems to go poorly.

Overall last night, the painting process last night went very well. I did it in one sitting. I took several breaks and also spread my time around different parts of the painting, rather than zeroing in on one part, moving onto the next part, and so on. Here is the drawing.


My only goof-up with the painting was on the left side of Dorian's face. The final shape is too round. For some reason if I make an error like this it's always on the left side. Otherwise, I'm thrilled, especially when this one follows a painting that I really, really liked.





No comments:

Post a Comment