Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Hello!

There was a big 3-day knitting event in town this weekend and I had a very busy weekend attending classes and lectures. It was wonderful! Each night, I came home and my brain was completely full. I was too tired to think about drawing or painting. Yesterday, I did do a simple drawing. Today, I finally picked up the paint brushes, again, and it felt good.

First up is the color gray. I missed painting class on Saturday. Apparently, we are supposed to practice our grays. The goal is a neutral gray, but I decided to play around with different types of grays. Since I made up grids long, long ago to test my paint mixing, I pulled those out. I used the same color paint (in relative order) on the two different grids. One is on white gesso and other is on black gesso. It's interesting to see how different they look. Not surprisingly, the grays look grayer on the black gesso than on the white.


Also, I started a painting of Sadie (again). Here is the drawing.


Here is the start of the painting. I worked around the entire painting, rather than focusing in one place. I also tried to have "juicier" paint strokes. It's still hard to get good coverage with orange and yellow/orange colors. Finally, I am really, really trying to do a better job on the values. It sounds like work, but it wasn't. I was in a nice little zone, which was a welcome break from waiting for election results. When the zone left me, it was time to stop for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment