Saturday, November 12, 2016

More Gray and Ella - Take 2

I like the color gray. Some of my favorite things in this world are gray, so I practiced mixing gray colors again. From top to bottom, it's the same color on the white gesso and the black gesso.



After that, I painted Ella, who is one of this favorite gray things. This picture of her is really perfect in terms of the angle, the lighting and so on. Having a good pictures really helps.


It was one of those evenings where it just worked. I am especially happy that, except for the eyes, this painting is one layer of paint! So many times, I paint over and over and over. Instead, I was in "the zone" and it came together very well.


Also, I painted from this same picture approximately 6 weeks ago. I can see improvement when I compare today's painting to the older one, below.  Yeah!  



No comments:

Post a Comment