Monday, April 12, 2021

The Universe Is Sending Good Opportunities My Way

Yesterday, the hubby and I took a walk down to the Mississippi river.  It was a relatively short walk, but we saw an eagle when we are on the Franklin Avenue bridge.  When we got down to the river, we saw several mallards and this little screech owl.  On the way home, we saw the neighborhood albino squirrel and we also stopped to see another neighbor's chickens.  


Today, a neighbor alerted me to a barred owl in Matthews Park, so I headed over and took several pictures.  As of last summer, I had never seen an owl in the wild before, so I am grateful for the opportunities that the universe has been sending my way.



(Added later in the afternoon) - - As the day has unfolded and as I became more aware of current events in Brooklyn Center and elsewhere in the metro, I debated a bit about whether I should remove or change this post.  I decided not to, since this was my experience and what I was feeling at the time that I posted it. 

2 comments:

  1. Puctures of nature and owls offset the other horribleness for a moment. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The current moment is horrible. Yesterday, Daniel and I took a walk in the late afternoon to go see the screech owl again. The owl was there. It started to rain while we were on our walk. The sound of the rain, being down by the river, seeing the owl, hearing and seeing two sculling/row boats all helped me get out of my head and take a break from all of the ugliness.

      Delete